Hobbies

Sunday 30 October 2011

Wildschwein FTW !


Somewhere around mid-October one of my good friends calls to ask if I remember where we went some years ago with work to eat boar in the Southern part of the Black Forest.

Sure I remember, it was a great evening where we had shiploads of fun, the place's called Hirtenbrunnen I tell him. "What about going there for some boar?" was the next thing I heard :D

As we had a three days weekend at the end of October two weeks later, Jeroen, Cindy and I decided to pop-by for some good drinks and meat :D

We left Antwerp around noon and arrived in Fröhnd in the late afternoon.
We took a couple of minutes to drop our bags in the rooms and quickly were back downstairs to enjoy a good beer on the terrace :D
After those well earned refreshments we headed back inside for the main reason of our trip: the Wildschwein :D
Herr Sago (the Innkeeper) stayed with us for a while and told us storied of his childhood. A bit later he brought us some home made brew (served in a horn) and right after that came our meat.

Our original plan was to drive to Fröhnd, have some boar. Then the next day drive to Holzgau and get our ski passes. We finally went back to Belgium after the Wildschwein Fest and took the scenic route through the Black Forest.
First we had a stop in Totdnau to go and have a ride on the "Hasenhorn Coaster" witch I highly recommend!!! It's pure fun!

After that we drove the same route I took when I came down here at the end of July with my motorbike. Remember when I wrote about Triberg, how I mentioned there were busloads of teenagers so I did not bother to stop. Well this time we did ^_^

It was wonderful cause in late October all the trees are changing colours :)  Plus, I had to chance to finally see all I had missed when driving through the Schwarzwald in end of July. This time it was full sunshine (above 700m) so we got some amazing views:


We left the Black Forest in Baden-Baden and headed to France. We decided to go and visit one of the "Ouvrages" of the Maginot Line. We went to the one near Bitche: the Ouvrage Simserhof.

We then left France to head back to Belgium not forgetting to take some silly pictures in Bitche :) with such a name we _had to_ do those :D



It was a great trip! Thanks a lot to both of you ;) 




(more pictures here: Wildschwein Trip FTW)

No comments:

Post a Comment