Hobbies

Tuesday 10 January 2012

sci-fi winter

This is an update of my previous tv show post "sci-fi summer". There I was explaining you about all the shows I'm watching, old or new as well as about the upcoming ones.

Well as expected Haven and True Blood kept their promises. The second season of Haven was as good as the first one. And the fourth season of True Blood kept all its promises.

As I was explaining in August about True Blood, you like it or you dont, and you know it quite fast. I must say I got completely hooked on the tv show ... but ... after reading the nine "Southern Vampires Diaries" of Charlaine Harris I was glad to have two different kinda stories.
The tv show does not go as deep into details than the books but is way more creative with the whole story. More characters, more intrigues in a kind of way and of course more graphic ^_^

In a nutshell, the story is more complicated in the books and Sookie is less of a bimbo ;)


Fringe then. They started back in September and the fourth season is a success. I was a bit afraid they would go weird with the third season ending so well. But the seven first episodes are really good so far. 4x08 in about three days ;)
House is as I expected. Just for the $$$ :/ an eight season was not really necessary. But I have a crush on Hugh Laurie :) and I 've watched them all so far ;)  Next episode 8x09 on Monday January 23.


Season five of The Big Bang Theory is OK so far. There were some really nice episodes. It is and stays a very, very good show with a lot of geek and nerd attitude in it ;)  Episode 5x12 is this Thursday btw.

As for the newcomers of this Summer:
Grimm and Once Upon a Time who are fairy tale adaptations. Both quite OK if you like the style. I leave it up to you to read the reviews on IMDB ;)
(links to be found on the right side of the blog --> )
And Terra Nova, a sci fi show about a couple of hundreds of people who try to start all over in prehistoric earth about 85 million years ago. Going through a portal, military stuff going on, pretty Stargate like but in it's own kind of way. And without Mac "Richard Dean Anderson" Gyver ... so ... ;)


And last but not least, Game of Thrones! Winter is coming!
Well ... there's still 96 days to wait before Sunday April 15 2012 !!!
One good advice, if you haven't started it yet, don't hesitate! It's a great show, very nicely adapted from the George R.R. Martin books.
Speaking of wich: I bought them this Summer cause I could not wait until April. Well I'm almost done and I can guarantee you that every one of the books so far (5 so far) are worth the arm ache you have of reading them (800 pages each). It's pure essence of badassery times two! And it's brilliantly written.
--> A Song of Ice and Fire


Next entry blog will also be about tv shows, but a specific UK dedicated one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment