Hobbies

Friday 29 July 2011

Bitche - Brussels

When I left this morning, around 10, there was not very much to see of the citadel of Bitche.
This picture I took yesterday eve on the terrace of the restaurant of the hotel:



Well this morning you had to search after the whole thing through the fog.
I took it as a sign, fog on the 1st day -> fog on what would be the last day?

So I left France direction Saarbrücken and then Luxembourg.
After a slight GPS mistake (my fault this time) I ended up discovering Saarbrücken at mid day :-/ pfff
First highway possibility taken and course set for Ettelbrück, LU.

Of course it would have been too much fun if the skies above Luxembourg would have been blue, with loads of sun and stuff ... well ... at least it was not raining :)


I didn't bother visiting the city, the skies where kinda clear so I headed up for some nice and curvy roads :)
In the North of Ettelbrück I aimed for the CR 348 ... that I missed :P
You don't want to make the same mistake as the CR 350 is very crappy Belgian look-a-like road :-/
Anyhow, I passed Welscheid and Kehmen to go to Bourscheid.

From there on, ride the CR 348 to Goebelsmuhle, then continue to Consthum, the CR 348 has a brand new asphalt and is a pure pleasure to ride on :)
In Consthum take a left on the CR 322 to Wiltz, again a real pleasure as this road is also very, very nice :)

Once out of Wiltz (following the N12 to Bastogne), take a right direction Wilwerwiltz and Clerveaux on the CR 325.
In Enscherange follow the CR 324 and in Wilwerwiltz the CR 326 and then again the CR 325 to Clervaux.
In Clervaux I took the N18 to Bastogne and at the roundabout with the N12 I went straight following Houffalize.

Around 16 o'clock I entered Belgium between Hoffelt (LU) and Burret (BE) ... I couldn't have missed it, the first announcement was a "damaged road" sign and the second was a huge difference in street quality :'(

Houffalize, Ortho and the N4 to Brussels.

18h15
Home

Satisfied of my trip but next time I leave for ten days (or more) I'll think about doing that in the Summer ^_^

I would also like to thank everyone again who hosted or joined me during this trip :D
Andreas and Tilly: you guys rock, you guys rock so much that I actually hesitated this morning :) Popping by in Lörrach again and going back home on Sunday, or just go home :) Thanks again for your hospitality <^_^>
Andi: thanks for the Ovomaltine cookies :) it's amazing but I still have some :)
Corinne: all the best with the R1200R
Claire: I became a fan of the Alsace accent :) I actually stayed a while in a café just listening to people :)
Urs: It was a lovely day we had and I surely want some more :) there's still a lot of roads in Switzerland we can ride on ;)
Valérie: I'll be back ;) keep that candle lit, I'm working my way into der Schweiz ;) I dont know how yet, but I'll be there ;)

Thank you all!
I'm glad I'm home one day earlier as I'm completely wasted. I could surely use a week holiday in a warm and sunny place :)
And I would go there by motorbike, and I would leave this Monday morning :)

EDIT: for those who asked, the exact amount of km was 2211,7 from wich approx 600km on highways :D


(more pictures here: Motorbike Trip "Summer" 2011)

2 comments:

  1. Dommage que les parents étaient loin, tu es passée juste à coté de chez eux. Big smak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je m'en suis souvenue au moment où je prenais la sortie Mersch :P
    Une autre fois ^_^

    ReplyDelete