Hobbies

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Gruyères - Col de Bussang

Bye, bye la Suisse.
France, here I am :)

Left Gruyères this morning around 9 o'clock, way later than planned but I really needed to sleep a bit more :)

Nice roads, no rain, a bit chilly and again, lovely roads :) Darn Switzerland rules :)
I stopped somewhere around noon at the "Vue des Alpes" ... there was not really much to see due to a lot of clouds :-/


Entering France afterward was one big misery :(
The first black point was a blocked road (the D464), as I didn't wanted to go back on my tracks, I took a small way back in Switzerland on the other side of the mountain.

Approx one hour later I finally made it into civilization again O_o
I ended up in Saignelégier and instead of following my instinct, I followed the GPS ... bad move.
Missing all the fun from Maîche to St-Hippoliyte and then to Porrentruy I sticked on the 18A to Porrenttruy.

The road from Porrentruy to Belfort was one big misery too, all new roads and GPS going completely crazy :(

Once I was out of Belfort I headed up for the Ballon d'Alsace :) finally some fun ... but also ... finally the rain that had been following me the whole day :(
Anyhow, ending your day with the Ballon d'Alsace, even in the rain, it's a big fat WIN :D

I arrived at the Moto Hotel du Col de Bussang (http://www.coldebussang.com/nl/accueil.htm) around five, Blues and Bikers (and also some regular motorbikers) all over the place. Most of them are Dutch but who cares :) it's good music and friendly people :)

Program for tomorrow: Col de Bussang to Villé through the most bendy streets possible :)


(more pictures here: Motorbike Trip "Summer" 2011)

1 comment: