Hobbies

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Lörrach - Gruyères


Back on tracks!

It was around a quarter past seven when I left Lörrach this morning. Quickly made it to Reinach, where I had an appointment with Urs who would join me for the trip to Gruyères.

We have had a lot of luck with the weather! Nice and cosy the whole day, not too cold and even sometimes too warm :)
The sky was packed with clouds but the two only times we had rain it was quickly over and even not enough to make us stop and put our rain gear on :) Perfect!

Our first stop was in Weissenstein where we had a view on the Alps and some warm drinks (heisse schoggi for me ^_^ ).




After that break we took back down the same nice 22% slope road that brought us up :)

Later on we arrived in Aarberg. We also made a brief touristical stop there. Aarberg is a very nice fortified "stedli" (small city).


After some leg stretchin we headed up to Gruyères and it's Castle.
The Castle is definetely worth a visit and so is the Giger Museum (yes, yes, Mr Giger himself, the Alien designer).



And as I was short on time, these two provide me with yet another excuse to come back :) :) :)
We had a drink in the Alien café, walked a bit around in the stedli of the castle and walked back to the parking.

Around 16 o'clock I hugged Urs goodbye letting him go back home direction Basel/Reinach. And I headed up to Estavennes to pay a visit to my cousin Valérie and her husband who live 10 minutes away.

Thanks again to you Urs for your very nice company :) we will do this again ;)

Planning for tomorrow: Gruyères - Col de Bussang (Belfort)

Off to sleep now :) this lizard is one of my many companions tonight :)
(there are lots of animals at my cousins place ^_^ )



(more pictures here: Motorbike Trip "Summer" 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment